Going, Going...

I've been waiting for the opportune moment. And here it is. Saturday, Aug 26 will mark my third attempt to walk around the city of Saskatoon in a single day. Here, roughly, is my proposed route.
As you can see, it clocks in at around 60km. A pretty heavy investment. Lots of it is asphault, but even more of it is gravel and a fair chunk is just plain off-road. I'll be leaving from my house around 4am (if I can manage it, ug). If I could manage a consistant pace with a few stops, I should be able to do it in 12-14 hours.

Tidbits:
- first attempted with a group of questers in about 1994. I had to stop (about 38km) due to excruciating joint pain which largely abated, yet lasted for several weeks.
-Second attempt in 2005 (completed about 41km). This particular excursion was called on account of the impending hypothermia of my companion. There was a lengthy deluge of rain and hail in the mid to late afternoon!

I would love to see any or all of you for portions of the journey. I will take my cell phone (ask vin, or email me to get the number) so you can hook up with me wherever may be most suitable.

Be warned, I am keeping my own pace this year, and those who fall behind will be left behind.

Comments

rainswept said…
If you succeed this attempt, it will be a worthy day to add to the Quest calendar. But what to call it, what to call it...

Popular posts from this blog

Master Gift Getter

If you see Lake Louise, start walking in the other direction